So I’m amazed and humbled that readers would think this of me, but Christine Smith-Johnson nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award”
For this award you have to do a couple of things as follows:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So… first, you should check out her blog: http://www.pullingitupbythebootstraps.wordpress.com it’s worth reading.
Second: share 7 things about yourself, some of which, if you’ve read before, you’ll already know, but here goes:
1. I’m not a single parent, I’m the sole parent. I’m Dad. Single parenting implies, in this day and age, that it’s done by a choice or event and usually there is a second parent out there, for good or ill. That is not the case for me, obviously.
2. I can cook . . . and cook pretty well, thank you very much. I haven’t posted recipes or anything, but I have made Yule Logs, Chocolate-chip-bourbon Pecan Pie, Beef Bourguignon, pot roast, pot pies, brownies, cookies…no it’s not gourmet, but it’s not bought, either.
3. I’m a musician, and was semi-professional once. You can see my first outing in my brother’s band “Manoucheri” at, surprise, surprise, http://www.manoucheri.com I play guitar, I sing, and I write my own stuff. I don’t tour because, face it, I’m raising 4 kids.
4. I was married for 18 years, after only a couple months of dating my wife, Andrea. She was the woman I loved after going out with her only once.
5. I lost my wife on March 26th, 2011, the day of our 18th wedding anniversary.
6. My birthday and my middle daughter’s birthday are the same. She was my 29th birthday present!
7. Nothing in this world compares the amazing four children I have, they amaze me with their love, spirit and strength every day.
OK…pass this along to 15 blogs I read. That’s not simple, but I hope they are OK with it:
The first is somewhat blog, lots website, but my friend Rene Syler, whom I write for every Sunday:
http://memorybearsbybonnie.wordpress.com/ (Bonnie has followed me from the beginning)
http://chickswithticks.wordpress.com/ This is fun. Two women with an amazing, outdoor, scientific sort of life. I love reading their blog!
http://thedailywoman.wordpress.com/ (Darlene has followed in beginning as well!)
http://lightenupwithneda.com/ (I worked with Neda Iranpour and she’s amazing, and I could NEVER, no matter how much she says I could, do what she did.)
http://insaniteen.com/ (name alone worth a look)
http://theartandillustrationsoflauradavies.wordpress.com/ (I just started reading Laura’s site and her stuff is beautiful)
http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ (Lesley has been very kind and given me many sweet words, much like Darlene and Bonnie, so she makes the list as well)
I cannot thank Christine enough for the honor. If any of my choices have been chosen already, well, I’ve come late to the game. But I hope you accept and/or enjoy it. I am humbled that you all read this and hope you both enjoy and get something out of it. Happy 2012!